Empty Pockets



Empty Pockets.

After returning from Connecticut last week, I believe that Lynn and I are still on an Easter celebration High. We celebrated with Oasis of Life church in Rocky Hill, and have been blessed by so many Christ followers in Connecticut. There are some great men and women that are serving our Lord in what I consider the frontlines of planting the gospel in New England.

Friday, Lynn had complete knee replacement surgery, and it went very well. She has endured a lot of pain the past 2 days, but today has been great improvement with reduced pain and more movement. We will be heading home sometime Monday before lunch. To all our family and friends, thank you for the love and prayers.

Today, I have just finished reading again the account of the 2 thieves that were crucified with Jesus in Luke 23:42. The crook said “JESUS, remember me when you come into your kingdom”.

I don’t know how many times I have read this passage in my life, but it just strikes me that this dude had nothing. He had no gifts, no wisdom, no future opportunities to serve, no opportunities to tell others of the Messiah, in short he had empty pockets. Then Jesus says in verse 43, “Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise”.

This reject of society became an “heir of the King” with the simple words of “remember me” and with empty pockets. That is what we refer to as Salvation by Faith alone. Nothing else to do, just recognize that you are guilty and the sin in your life, separates you from God, and then recognize the kingship of the Messiah.

His grace is sufficient and His love is great, and His promise cannot be broken!

Heading North!

Pastor Tim