I am Protected and I do Fall


The past 4 years I have enjoyed mountain biking. There is a sense of freedom and accomplishment that comes from a fast ride though the woods with creeks and wildlife. Riding fast does create a problem. Very hard falls are a reality. I have a scar or two that proves it. The one single thing that has protected me has been my helmet. I never think about my helmet while I’m riding. But after getting my bell rung from a hard fall, (while trying to be superman) I always take a moment and look at my helmet, and think, “Wow, this helmet was expensive, but it just saved my life or kept me from a serious injury.

Ephesians 6:17-18 says:
17. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

The Spiritual helmet that we wear was expensive. As a Christ follower, I have found my self getting up from a fall. And just like biking, the fall always came when I least expected it. I was not alert. And just like biking, I don’t think about my spiritual helmet until I fall.

Helmets are expensive but worth it. Riding a bike or as a Christ follower choosing not to wear it, is ill advised. Not only did my bike helmet protect my skull from being cracked, but kept objects (stuff) from entering my head.

LifeSong Discovery
This is our New Members class, and our next one is this Sunday after worship. The following is just a few “Tim” thoughts about church membership:

1. Belonging to a church can help develop Spiritual Strength, and not belonging to a church is an unnatural state for a Christian.
Eph 2:19
19Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household,

2. A church family helps you develop Spiritual Muscle.
2 Cor. 4:15
5All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

3. You will share in Christ’s mission in the world.
Eph. 2:10
10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

4. Church is a place for Encouragement
Heb. 3:13
13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

Gather, Grow, & Go
Tim