Communion



Communion & Spiritual Family

So far Chapter 7 of the Purple Book has proven to be one of my favorites. Specifically Acts 2:42-47 embodies the heart beat of LifeSong Church. Personally being a part of the LifeSong family has been one of the greatest joys of my life. Has it been perfect and without pain? Absolutely not, but to eyewitness Gods movement in my life and in the lives of people who have no hope, but through HIM, has been amazing.

We have been touched by the Savior!!

The Acts 2 Christ followers were involved in biblical teaching, having dinner together, and prayer. They went to the synagogue to worship together. They were more concerned that the needs of people around them were being met. They were more concerned with glorying God than themselves. “Are we there yet”? I don’t think that we will ever be while on this side of Glory, but I know that we must not lose focus and gravitate to “Me Church”!

Chapter 7 Lesson highlights:

Ephesians 4:3
– To KEEP Unity

Ephesians 4:12-13 – A Pastors job and command is to Equip, not to coddle and a
Shepherds job in the 1st century was to make sure the sheep reproduced themselves.

Proverbs 16 - says what about Gossip?

1 Corinthians 11:28
– We should examine ourselves before we take Holy Communion.

Matthew 26:26-29 The Message
26-29During the meal, Jesus took and blessed the bread, broke it, and gave it to his disciples: Take, eat. This is my body. Taking the cup and thanking God, he gave it to them: Drink this, all of you. This is my blood, God's new covenant poured out for many people for the forgiveness of sins."I'll not be drinking wine from this cup again until that new day when I'll drink with you in the kingdom of my Father."

Gather, Grow, & Go
Pastor Tim