Wisdom



It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and don’t say it.

Here are some more favorite quotes about wisdom:
Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, “where did I go wrong”. Then a voice says to me “this is going to take more than one night.
Charlie Brown

I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
Abraham Lincoln

The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.
C.S. Lewis

James Chapter one urges us Christ followers to ask for wisdom:
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

I have made plenty decisions in my life without wisdom. The thing that bugs me the most about those times is that wisdom was available to me, but I had no patience, my faith was weak, and I was too consumed with doing things my way.

I encourage you to ask for what you may be lacking… Wisdom

Gather, Grow, & Go
Pastor Tim