Far from God



This past week as reading and making more notes on the first chapter of the Purple Book, I couldn’t help but to reflect on times in my life when I felt most far from God. Kind of “marking the trail” (Jeremiah 3:21). There have been times when I was way more excited to meet my Bacon & Eggs in the morning, than talking to the God of Peace, the maker of the Universe.

My far from God times in my life seem to have some common elements.
I Loved me more than God.
I Loved me more than my neighbor.
I was more concerned what others thought of me than God.

This past week has been full of potential “Far from God” moments.
1). I nearly ran the BMW paint shop out of Pearl Silver paint,
2). There is some animal (That God created) that is restacking the selves in our basement in the middle of the night, which was causing me to focus on “where is a good nuke when you need one”, and that was killing my early morning time with God.
3). Lynn had an allergic reaction to medicine which brought an ambulance visit to Ridge Road.
4). A conversation that I had with someone, comes back to me with false info of “he said she said”. I always wonder why my phone seems to be silent during those types of gossip… oh yeh, we live in “this present darkness” Ephesians 6

In all of these moments I was able to see God, and to be honest when I look at the past trails that I have been on, I couldn’t see Him because of the distance I had put between me and God.

The rich still got to purchase their Pearl Silver Beamer, the animal found a new residence and I didn’t have to buy a Nuke, Lynn is healed, and I have had multiple God conversations of encouragement with the Lost & Hurting, and have received phone calls of encouragement out of the blue.

I want to encourage you to DO Luke 10:27 and draw close to God. I was inspired by a close friend to read Romans 12 every week in 2009. A new Trail and a new Marker

I desire the prayers of my LifeSong family that I would honor Him with my life.

Gather, Grow, and Go
Pastor Tim