Meet Me on the Playground or Die



This week I was traveling back from Grand Rapids MI, and has the pleasure of sitting beside 9 year old Zack ( a third grader). He asked me if ever had "In School Suspension". NO I said. He said that he had. I asked why? His mother then leaned over and told him to ZIP IT! Zack looked between his legs and said "I'm good", and then continue to tell me, that he gave a kid a note that said "Meet me on the playground or die". That was enough to get him 3 days of ISS.


Why did you do that Zack?

He told me that he needed to get the boys attention, and thought that a note would be good enough. Apparently the dude that received the Zack note, had been treating a girl in the class very bad, and Zack was not going to let another day go by without correcting the wrong that he had been witnessing. I'm loving Zack by now. I asked him about his 3 days of ISS. He said it was the best 3 days of school ever in his life! For three days he was in Mr. Carson's office (the principle) making copies and talking ALL DAY to Mr. Carson.


He is a Good Shepherd.

As leaders of the church, are we willing to call things for what they are and protect the sheep, even from themselves? The Called Pastor must protect the flock from false preaching and watered down, feel good teaching. Many claim to be called but their lives still look very similar to the world that they claim that they have been called to change. The sheep and the church suffers when we don't address those issues


The question is:

Do I love people more that I love being safe?

"If Christ so loved the souls of men as to lay out Himself and deny Himself at this rate for salvation, then surely the ministers of Christ should be ready greatly to exert themselves and deny themselves and suffer for the sake of the salvation and happiness of souls"

- Jonathan Edwards

Matthew 10
Be Blessed!

Pastor Tim